Tamale Chile Dip
Tamale Chili (Dip) adapted from chef Ali: https://chefalli.com/chili-cheese-tamale-dip/
- 6 Tucson Tamale red Chile Pork tamales
- 15 oz no-bean chili
- 11 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1spt dry onion
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Fritos (topping)
- Green onions (topping)
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Spray a 2-quart dish with nonstick spray. Remove paper wrappers from each tamale and place into the baking dish. Use a small parking knife to slice each tamale into 1” pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chili with the cream of mushroom soup, garlic, and onion, mixing well; pour this mixture evenly over the tamales and cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake on the center rack for 25-30 minutes or until hot throughout, removing the foil for the last 10 minutes of baking time; sprinkle with cheddar and finish in the oven.
- Top with corn chips and chopped green onions. Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite crackers.
Enjoy as a dip or by itself!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.